How to Apply Shingle Flex Asphalt Roof Protectant Using a Standard Power Washer with Soap Injector
Watch our videos to see how to Apply Shingle Flex Asphalt Shingle Protectant Using a Standard Power Washer with Soap Injector
1. Please remove any filter/screen device at the soap injectors intake.
By leaving it in place, Shingle Flex may not intake correctly into your power washer.
2. Test your power washer's soap injector
2. You must test your power washer's soap injector to hose water ratio and produce a standard mix ratio at approximately 1 part Shingle Flex to 7 parts hose water when it comes out of the washers wand. Make sure to use black soap tip when testing mix ratio.
3. Prepared for a successful application
3. Make sure you have prepared for a successful application by planning for ladder moves, having enough spray hose and following all safety precautions in advance. Shingle Flex is easy to apply, but climbing ladders and roofs is not!
4. Start to intake Shingle Flex
4. Start to intake Shingle Flex into your machine until the black tip produces a milky haze. Your machine is primed and ready to apply Shingle Flex.
6. Have a ground assistant!
6. Have a ground assistant man your power washer and check to gauge how much Shingle Flex you are applying. 1 gallon will cover about 1,000 sq. ft of roof.
CAUTION: Product may create slippery conditions on surfaces. Use extreme
precaution when accessing roof and using ladders. Shake contents prior to use.